Jobs and Employment Opportunities
Boot Coffee assists top specialty coffee companies in their quest to find the most qualified coffee professionals to fill unique roles. We are currently working with clients to fill the following positions.
North American Sales Manager
Boot Coffee Consulting is working with an East African based coffee producer and exporter to help them identify and hire a US based North American Sales Manager. This is an incredible opportunity for a motivated and entrepreneurial coffee professional with sales and account manager experience to build relationships on behalf of a well respected producer of some of the highest quality coffee from their country.
After reviewing the following job description, applications should send a detailed cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to jo**@bo********.com. Be sure to include “North American Sales Manager” in the subject of your email.
Coffee Producer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace.
Coffee Producer is an East Africa based, innovative coffee producer and exporter with an impressive track record of specialty coffee sales to leading coffee roasters and importers around the world. Coffee Producer seeks a sales manager for the North American market to drive the growth of our specialty coffee sales from our family farms and washing stations. The sales manager is the face of our business to the coffee industry and builds and maintains the relationships which are key to the success of our company.
Coffee Producer’s mission is satisfying our customers needs while improving the livelihoods of our smallholder coffee farmers. The North American Sales Manager is the key driver of satisfying our customers in North America.
Role and Responsibilities:
Coffee Producer is looking for an energetic and independent person to join our team as a green coffee sales manager for North America. Our ideal candidate is
- Skilled at sales
- Has demonstrated history building relationships with coffee roasters and others throughout the supply chain (warehouses, exporters, importers, logistics companies)
- Uses creative approaches to identify new business opportunities, build a sales pipeline, and foster relationships and engage with the North American Specialty Coffee industry.
This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate coffee professional with the ability to work independently with flexible hours. The North American Sales Manager is responsible for:
- Closing sales
- Growing business with existing clients
- Meeting budget requirements. Communication with the home office in Rwanda will require some flexibility in working hours to accommodate the time difference.
- 2+ years of sales and closing experience in the (specialty) coffee industry.
- Experience cupping and grading coffee, issuing quality reports, and describing sensory attributes of coffee
- Experience sample roasting
- Familiarity with coffee contracts
- Experience with and ability to recommend and generate reports from CRM software
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel
- Flexible schedule
- Team Player
- Self Starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Q-grader certification and ability to manage releases, logistics, and contracts is a plus.
[/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_2″ layout=”1_2″ spacing=”” center_content=”no” link=”” target=”_self” min_height=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”left top” background_repeat=”no-repeat” hover_type=”none” border_size=”0″ border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” dimension_margin=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=”” last=”no”][fusion_text columns=”” column_min_width=”” column_spacing=”” rule_style=”default” rule_size=”” rule_color=”” class=”” id=””]
Retail General Manager, Huntington Beach, CA
Our client seeks a leader and an entrepreneur who is passionate about coffee, customers and experiences and wants to join them on the ground floor in a new and exciting coffee and bakery brand in Huntington Beach, CA. Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to co****@su*******.com with “Retail General Manager, Huntington Beach, CA” in the subject line.
General Manager – August 2018
If you are a leader and an entrepreneur who is passionate about coffee, customers and experiences join us on the ground floor in building a new and exciting coffee and bakery brand.
We are a team of artisans, teachers and storyteller. We believe that the best experiences are born when you combine tradition and innovation. We respect and care for the environment and the people that are involved in every step that brought you this experience. We aim to surprise and delight our customers with an incredible sensory experience and invite you to join us on our journey.
The General Manager will be the main driver for success at the new Surf Caféa in Huntington Beach, CA. He or she will manage all activities that will ultimately result in an exceptional hospitality experience for our guests and meeting the financial goals for the business.
The successful candidate is a self-starter with ambitions to grow their career in the coffee, food and hospitality business and has previously shown exceptional results in leading people, managing a business and creating exceptional customer experiences.
You may be a coffee nerd, obsessed with learning about coffee origins, how it was processed and prepared before it is served in a cup to the customer, passionate about the story behind each cup of coffee and the people that worked to bring it to your store. You may also come from a food service background and have a passion for good food and bakery or you may have hospitality experience and are used to making guests feel amazing.
You are also a happy individual, dynamic and energizing, always striving to anticipate and meet the needs of others, eager to create a positive impact on your team members, customers and community.
You are a critical thinker and problem solver who can work independently in a small coffee shop and address all possible issues that could arise in a day, keep a smile on and have fun while at it.
You always seek to improve yourself and push your team members to do the same. You strive for excellent and often exceed expectations; you crush goals and always look for new challenges.
You are able to see the big picture, have a long term strategic view on where we’re heading but able to embrace the day to day details and be an enthusiastic presence for your team members and guests.
- Build, train, develop, inspire and retain an amazing team that will be motivated to create exceptional culinary experiences for our guests; create a balanced work schedule that meets the café and team members’ needs and will ultimately motivate team members to build a long term career at Surf Caféa; work with team members to identify personal goals and create career paths and training programs that will encourage team members to work continuously on personal and professional development.
- Routinely manage all business aspects to deliver and continuously improve financial performance, including profit and loss statements, product orders, waste, banking and payroll
- Be curious about customer experiences, ask questions, observe and always take action to welcome new guests, deepen relationships and create customer loyalty and community outreach through positive word of mouth and social media
- Create and manage operational processes in line with SCAA standards that will consistently deliver the highest standards in product quality and excellent customer experiences; regularly taste products and make adjustments to ensure that the visual presentation and sensory experience are outstanding
- Work the bar and the floor to stay close to the heart of operations and listen/interact with guests and baristas
- Oversee all orders and suppliers, manage inventories, production schedules and record product waste; always seek ways to create excellent guest experiences without wasting product.Prior Experience
- Regular coffee drinker and food connoisseur
- 2+ years of retail/hospitality experience with a strong preference for coffee, food & beverage
- Bakery or food service experience is a plus
- Team leadership experience
- A strong understanding of a profit and loss statement, and proven success in impactingresults
- Excellent communicator
- Comfort using computer programs, especially Google Drive tools (Sheets, Docs, Calendar)A few benefits we offer:
- Profit sharing based on store’s net results and sales growth
- Professional development through SCAA career pathways for tenured employees
- Paid time off
- Free drinks and one coffee bag of beans per week for family and friends
- Employee discount on merchandise and coffeeSurf Caféa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We will fulfill I-9 federal requirements once an employee has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Please send your resume at co****@su*******.com