SCA Green Coffee Curious to learn about green coffee? Join Campus Director, Marcus Young as he covers the key concepts surrounding green coffee. We will dive deep
SCA Green Coffee
Curious to learn about green coffee? Join Campus Director, Marcus Young as he covers the key concepts surrounding green coffee. We will dive deep into the production, processing, shipping, grading, contracting and storage of green coffee. The class will also cover coffee arrival, price risk management, creating a buying strategy, and managing your coffee portfolio under a variety of contract structures.
The Intermediate course will prepare you for complex job functions found in the green
coffee profession, including:
- An understanding of coffee botany and agronomy
- Coffee processing methods and the qualities that result from processing
- Defects in green coffee and in the cup
- Variables that yield positive cupping scores and analysis
- Core elements of a green coffee contract and how grading and quality differentiation are incorporated in contracts
- Coffee’s seasonality and quality and the variables essential for properly storing coffee to maintain quality
- Market, contract, and price-risk-management terminology
- Decaffeination methods
- The mechanisms and goals of a variety of certification programs
**Our courses typically begin at 9 am each morning and finish each day between 5 and 7 pm depending on the progress of students in each course.
27 (Thursday) 9:00 am - 28 (Friday) 5:00 pm